Sunday, November 21, 2010

Leaving Rome

I traveled for September, seeing new places (Cinque Terre, Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Florence, Berlin, Munich, Neuschwanstein, and Milan). For October and November I have been a part-time student, part-time tourist, part-time resident in Rome. I could immediately feel the difference between traveling and living in Italy, just like I remember from four years ago. I'm glad I spent a longer period in Rome opposed to continuing to travel. Besides that it is exhausting to travel, it is a completely different experience.

Now I am on the train from Rome to Milan. I'll spend two nights there before I take off for my long trip back to the USA. I'm sad to leave Italy, especially sad to leave Daniele-- but very excited to come back to the US. These past few weeks I have been constantly sick with a cough (so I can't sleep), scabies, and more often than not a light fever. It's really taking it's toll on me. I'm actually a big of a wreck between it all.

[Edit] Link to Rome photo album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/kaitlyn.hanrahan/20101001Roma#

No comments:

Post a Comment