Saturday, September 18, 2010

Berlin

I couldn't find a room in Zurich, so I decided to go to Berlin instead. I took an overnight train in and got in at 2 PM Thursday. I stayed at the Berlin Wombat Hostel for 2 nights. It's the same chain that Jeff, Drew and I stayed at in Vienna and Munich two years ago. It's the nicest hostel ever. Then took an overnight train to Munich on Saturday night.

What did I do in Berlin? Thursday not too much, walked around and had a nice German dinner. Friday I took a six hour walking tour that Andrew recommended to me. It was really good. I saw all the sights, actually learned what they are, as well as history of the city and Germany. It was like I did all of Berlin in a day, without having to figure out what to see. That night we made our own pub crawl with a crowd from the dorm room and the tour. We went to Tacheles, a crazy artist squatter's bar, and a few others. The other travelers I met in Berlin were super friendly. The next day I checked out and stored my stuff at the hostel while I did one museum and more walking and eating. I'm liking German food much more this visit, though I am still eating a lot of falafel.

Now I'm taking another overnight train to Munich. There I hope to easily meet up with Chris and Steve. Psyched for what's planned!

[Edit] Link to photos from Berlin:
https://picasaweb.google.com/kaitlyn.hanrahan/20100917Berlin#

No comments:

Post a Comment