Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cinque Terre, Second Time

I'm on my way out of Cinque Terre for the second time this trip. I'm so glad I went back, it was like getting more summer. I really liked having more warm beach time after my time in the Tuscan hills. This time I didn't feel obligated to do any of the hikes, I just relaxed on the beach. I can't believe how fast time goes by at Cinque Terre, it felt like I was in and out, not there for 5 days.

I hung out more with the Albanian guys I quickly mentioned in my other 5 Terre post. It was super fun going out with locals at night. I went to a birthday party one night for the first one I met, Elton, in La Spezia. It was really interesting how the language dynamic changes so easily. One minute I am the least able to communicate person in the room, add another English speaker, and I'm the translator. It's both fascinating and exhausting.

Now I am on my way to Germany. It will take me a whole day in transit. I'm spending 2 nights in Berlin. Then meeting Steve and Chris from High School in Munich. After that it's back to my old stomping grounds: Milano. Then to settle down in Rome. Pretty excited for all of it!

[Edit] Link to Le Cinque Terre Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/kaitlyn.hanrahan/20100825CinqueTerre#

No comments:

Post a Comment