Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Defcon 18 and Las Vegas

Saturday at Defcon was ridiculously crowded. The justly-named Goons were not helping by forcing people into the most crowded place, the hallways, as far as possible from where anyone wanted to be. It was impossible to go to more than one talk in a row because you had to wait in line for the time-slot in between.

I only made it to a few talks. Chris Paget’s “Practical Cell Phone Hacking”; “We don’t need no stinking badges, hacking electronic door access controllers”; “Physical Security Your Doing It Wrong”; and Jason Scott’s “You’re stealing it wrong, 30 years of inter-pirate battles”. It between we fit in watching Schuyler compete in Gringo Warrior—didn’t go quite as planned. He also got a mohawk for the EFF.

At night Danny, Dave, and I went to Penn and Teller. It was pretty awesome. I haven’t been to a magic show since I can’t even remember, and never at that at that level. They did a lot of good tricks, including the Magic Bullet. After we got back Schuyler joined us and we went to the Freakshow Party. There Schuyler, Danny, and I did gladiator jousting with pugil sticks on what was basically a bouncy castle. As far as I saw, me and one chick with a mohawk were the only two girls to do it all night, which I found disappointing for the Defcon Girl Crowd. There was also lots of dancing. Turns out dancing with a group of your guy friends if just as fun as dancing with a group of your girlfriends.

[Edit] Link to Las Vegas Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/kaitlyn.hanrahan/20100729Vegas#

No comments:

Post a Comment