Thursday, August 26, 2010

And I'm off!

Yesterday afternoon my mom dropped me off at Newark Liberty International. I flew to Stolkholm, where I had a two hour layover and was very confused about going through customs. I got by just following all the Italians, who luckily are always easy to spot. Overall I give SAS a positive review. I stopped at Vodaphone in the Milano Airport and bought their only Android phone, a Nexus One before getting a shuttle from the airport to Centrale station. From there I bought my ticket to Levanto no problem and transferred to the local train to Riomaggiore. I was counting on having my phone to direct me to my Hostel, but it wasn't working. Luckily there are always plenty of people to ask and I found it easily enough. There is a little to be desired, lots of stairs, little water pressure, the internet is stolen from a neighbor, and it is super hot, but none of that is too bad. The girls in the room seem really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment